Business Ventures Corp
Business Ventures Corp. is a special situations Venture Capital company that focuses on disruptive industry consolidations and raising capital via the public markets.
Business Ventures Corp. initiates and sponsors the development of the consolidation prior to the IPO and participates as co-founders of the resulting consolidated public company.
Representative transactions include:
- Quanta Services (NYSE: PWR)
- formed in 1998 with the simultaneous merger and initial public offering of 4 companies, raising an initial $45 million with 1998 combined revenues of $150 million. Quanta Services is the largest utilities infrastructure contractor in North America.
- Centerprise Advisors (private)
- formed in 1999 with the simultaneous merger and private offering of 11 companies, forming the 14th largest professional services firm (accounting and consulting) in the U.S. with over 1,100 employees.
- Digital Music Group, Inc./ The Orchard Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ:ORCD)
- formed in Feb 2006 with the simultaneous merger and initial public offering of two companies, raising $38 million. Acquired an additional company in 2006 and engineered a merger with The Orchard in November 2007 creating the world's largest digital music and video distributor.
- Trans-India Acquisition Corp. (AMEX: TIL)
- A Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) Raised $93 million in February 2007 to acquire life-science companies in India.
- The Joint Corp. (NASDAQ: JYNT)
- IPO on November 11, 2014, raising over $20 million. The Joint is the largest chiropractic services provider in the United States.
- RB Foods, Inc. d.b.a. Beanitos (private)
- In April 2011 BVC advised this rapidly growing, innovative gluten free and low glycemic bean chip company on sourcing and structuring private equity funding.
- I-Bankers Direct (private)
- Co-founder and lead investor in this leading edge web-based crowdfunding platform that raises private and public company equity and debt financing.